Graphic Design and Web Design Training
Your creativity and skill set has no boundries!
The Graphic Communications program instructors help students develop and enhance essential critical and creative thinking, fundamentals of design, and technical skills.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop fine art rendering skills in basic drawing and composition.
- Gain an understanding of the function and impact of design in our society.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a visual communication designer.
- Establish a sequence of the design and development stages for print and web design.
- Procure information about the fundamental elements of design and principles of design.
- Develop problem solving skills using critical and creative thinking strategies.
- Formulate ideas for print and web design problems through concept generation.
- Articulate visual solutions that demonstrate knowledge in typography, layout, and composition.
- Develop typography selection and implementation skills for print and web publications.
- Acquire print publication layout skills and construction techniques using Adobe InDesign.
- Acquire vector drawing skills and illustration techniques using Adobe Illustrator.
- Acquire raster image editing skills and photo manipulation techniques using Adobe Photoshop.
- Gain digital acquisition and file-formatting skills for images intended for print and web.
- Acquire web design layout skills and content presentation techniques using a web page editor.
- Acquire website construction and management skills using a Content Management System.
- Obtain concepts of color systems used in print and web design production.
- Obtain concepts of production processes used in print and web design production.
- Gain publication management and output skills for print and web publications.
- Develop organizational and planning skills by coordinating resources and meeting deadlines.
- Develop skills in working within a collaborative environment.
- Develop a portfolio that demonstrates skill sets outlined within the program learning outcomes.
- Create a résumé and cover letter for job search preparation.
Adobe Creative Cloud software!
Students are provided with experience in design and layout, typography, desktop publishing, illustration, photo editing, photo shoot direction, pre-press production processes, interactive multimedia, motion graphics and animation for web, and web design and development. Students are also trained to utilize the leading graphic design software and latest web design technologies.